Terms and Conditions for classes (2018-2019)
The annual fee can be paid in one amount on, or before, the first school day of the year, 3 September 2018, and is then discounted by approximately 5%. For further information and conditions of the early fee payment option, please contact ESB. Alternatively, fees can be paid in three parts on, or before, the first day of each trimester. Parents of new students to ESB must pay the registration fee for the first child in the family. For existing ESB students, the Annual Retention fee is paid by 14 May 2018 and deducted from fees paid in September 2018. There is a further 10% discount from the prices below for the 3rd, 4th and 5th child in a family.
|Term 1||3 September, 2018||to||30 November, 2018|
|Term 2||3 December, 2018||to||15 March, 2019|
|Term 3||18 March, 2019||to||13 June, 2019|
Lessons are provided on the working days within these periods, excluding public holidays. The definitive class schedule is the ESB school calendar. Where the government stipulates that an extra weekday should be taken as holiday and a Saturday worked in lieu, ESB will not provide a lesson on the replacement Saturday.
Annual fees – 2018/2019 school year
|Course||Class per week||Annual Fee||Annual fee with early payment discount||3 fee Payments||Once-only Registration fee||Annual Retention Fee|
(refunded from first term/annual fee)
Other terms and conditions
- The Annual Retention fee is paid by current students only to guarantee their place for the following school year.
- There are no refunds of school fees that are paid by trimester.
- Refunds for annual school fees. In the event that a parent wishes their child to finish classes within the school year, written notice by the parent must be received at the school by email 30 days before the first day of the following trimester as per the dates above. Subject to receipt of such timely notice, the school will refund 50% of the following trimester fee and if relevant, and 100 % of any subsequent trimester fees already paid.
- Students who do not attend school, for whatever reason, will not receive refunds. If children miss class(es), ESB is not obliged to provide a substitute class. However, in reality we are happy to do so IF there is a suitable and available class for the student. Parents must agree this with the School Director and their child’s teacher by email or in person. Make up classes, if agreed, MUST be scheduled within two weeks of the class missed.
- It is possible to start after the trimester date and fees will be reduced proportionately.
- ESB is responsible for students during the lesson duration only. If you drop your children at one of our schools before the lesson starts, we cannot provide supervision. Equally, if children are not picked up when the lesson ends, ESB staff are unable to provide supervision. In the rare event you are late to collect your child, s/he may wait in the reception area at Tarogató út, Apor Vilmos tér or Astoria where there is a receptionist on duty. It must be emphasized, however, that the receptionists cannot be held responsible for your children after class. In the event that you know in advance that you will be late, please let the ESB office know.
- ESB provides all materials for class, as well as a simple snack and drink for each child each two hour class.
- ESB reserves the right to change classes and teachers at their discretion, according to its operational needs.
- All external examinations costs at the end of the course, if applicable, are additionally charged.
- In the event that programmes of different prices are purchased for the 3rd, 4th and 5th child, the 10% discount will be applied to the lowest priced programmes.
Samu started attending ESB 6 months ago. He was a complete beginner at the time. Now he speaks in sentences and has a vocabulary of several hundred words. In six months he’s made incredible progress, while also having fun and making new friends.
Orsolya (mother of Samu)
“Our daughter was a little shy when joining ESB, having had very basic English – but she liked the classes from the first moment. After 5 months she is making steady progress and starts to be able to express herself. ESB seems to create good motivation for them and the various activities built around the themes covered keep the children’s interest.”
Anita (mother of Kata)
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.