The English School of Budapest is looking to appoint to the key position of:
Full Time or Part time Primary/Key Stage 3 Teacher
The English School of Budapest (ESB) is Hungary’s leading provider of English literacy classes to children aged 6 to 15, who are taught in small groups in a framework following the National Curriculum for England and Wales. We provide courses for Kindergarten, Foundation, Literacy and Native Speaker children in Budapest. Classes are held either after 14.00, or delivered in normal school hours as a supplement to their school’s normal curriculum. We also run regular events and a Parent-Teacher Association.
We work with the latest educational practices and incorporate the most relevant technologies into the classrooms such as e-books, interactive whiteboards and iPads. We also have our own Learning Site, providing home learning for children to extend their studies into their homes.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Teaches English literacy to second language learners and native speaker children
- Develops high quality lessons using the school’s curriculum, planning framework and supporting materials
- Motivates students to learn and do their best
- Has a friendly and cheerful disposition and works well in a team
- Contributes to school life and to events
- Welcomes new students into their classrooms at any time
- Promotes our school in the community and to new parents
The candidate must be/have:
- Native English speaker
- Qualified and certified teacher status
- Experience as a primary/elementary school teacher and/or a secondary teacher
- Experienced as a ESL teacher (an advantage)
- An ambitious individual who wishes to develop their own skills and experience
- A person who enjoys the creativity of managing his or her own classroom and working environment.
What we can offer you:
- A salary that allows a comfortable standard of living
- Local health insurance
- Continuous training and personal development
- Exposure to the newest teaching methodologies
- An informal and fun working environment with a supportive, inspirational team
- The opportunity to live in one of Europe’s most historic, cultured and liveable cities
If you are interested in working at ESB, please send your CV with three email addresses for references (including your current employer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Samu started attending ESB 6 months ago. He was a complete beginner at the time. Now he speaks in sentences and has a vocabulary of several hundred words. In six months he’s made incredible progress, while also having fun and making new friends.
Orsolya (mother of Samu)
“Our daughter was a little shy when joining ESB, having had very basic English – but she liked the classes from the first moment. After 5 months she is making steady progress and starts to be able to express herself. ESB seems to create good motivation for them and the various activities built around the themes covered keep the children’s interest.”
Anita (mother of Kata)