The ESB experience
English School of Budapest is not just an afternoon language school. It’s so much more! Children will learn English in a fun way while also getting educated on a range of practical topics thanks to our unique approach and curriculum.
If you are interested in enrolling your child at our school, you will be invited as a family to a meeting with the Admissions and Programmes Director. This will provide you with:
The chance to get to know the school, its learning environment and programmes.
Information about the methodologies we use in classes, our teaching staff and our school events.
A guide to our unique home learning site, our online reading programmes and our logbooks for recording learning.
The opportunity to ask any questions and to share your aims for your child’s education.
An assessment of your child’s current level in English and a recommendation of which class is best for your child.
Terms and Conditions for classes (2020-2021)
Parents of new students to ESB must pay a one-time, non-refundable registration fee for the first child in the family. The registration fee is to be paid at the time ESB receives the signed and completed registration form.
The annual fee can be paid in one amount on, or before, the first school day of the year, 2 September 2020, and is then discounted by approximately 5%. For further information and conditions of the early fee payment option, please contact ESB. Alternatively, the school fee can be paid in three parts on, or before, the first day of each trimester. The annual retention fee for existing ESB students is paid by the 2nd of June 2020 and deducted from fees paid in September 2020. The annual retention fee is paid by current students only to guarantee their place for the following school year.
Annual & trimester fees – 2020/2021 school year.
Other terms and conditions
- If children miss class(es), ESB is not obliged to provide a substitute class. However, in reality we are happy to do so IF there is a suitable and available class for the student. Parents must agree this with the Admissions and Programmes Director by email or in person. Make up classes, if agreed, MUST be scheduled within two weeks of the class missed.
- In the event of a force majeure event such as the current pandemic, ESB will provide a virtual leaning programme until normal classes resume.
- It is possible to start after the trimester date and fees will be reduced proportionately.
- ESB is responsible for students during the lesson duration only. If you drop your children at one of our schools before the lesson starts, we cannot provide supervision. Equally, if children are not picked up when the lesson ends, ESB staff are unable to provide supervision. In the rare event you are late to collect your child, s/he may wait in the reception area at Tarogató út, or Apor Vilmos tér where there is a receptionist on duty. It must be emphasized, however, that the receptionists cannot be held responsible for your children after class. In the event that you know in advance that you will be late, please let the ESB office know.
- ESB provides all materials for class, as well as a simple snack and drink for each child each two hour class.
- ESB reserves the right to change classes and teachers at their discretion, according to its operational needs.
- All external examinations costs at the end of the course, if applicable, are additionally charged.
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you to arrange your first visit to the school.
We are grateful for the kind words from the parents of the hundreds of children who already attended ESB.
parent of Marci, Cili and Csabi
mother of Samu
mother of Kata