Terms and Conditions for classes (2019-2020)
|Term 1||2 September, 2019||to||29 November, 2019|
|Term 2||2 December, 2019||to||20 March, 2020|
|Term 3||23 March, 2020||to||12 June, 2020|
Lessons are provided on the working days within these periods, excluding public holidays. The definitive class schedule is the ESB school calendar. Where the government stipulates that an extra weekday should be taken as holiday and a Saturday worked in lieu, ESB will not provide a lesson on the replacement Saturday.
Parents of new students to ESB must pay a one-time, non-refundable registration fee for the first child in the family. The registration fee is to be paid at the time ESB receives the signed and completed registration form.
The annual fee can be paid in one amount on, or before, the first school day of the year, 2 September 2019, and is then discounted by approximately 5%. For further information and conditions of the early fee payment option, please contact ESB. Alternatively, the school fee can be paid in three parts on, or before, the first day of each trimester. The annual retention fee for existing ESB students is paid by 20 May 2019 and deducted from fees paid in September 2019. The annual retention fee is paid by current students only to guarantee their place for the following school year.
Annual fees – 2019/2020 school year
|Course||Class per week||Annual fee with early payment discount||3 fee Payments||Once-only Registration fee||Annual Retention Fee
(refunded from first term/annual fee)
|Standard / IELTS||2||605,000||212,000||49,000||40,000|
ESB offers a 10% discount from the prices for the 3rd, 4th and 5th child in a family. In the event that programmes of different prices are purchased for the 3rd, 4th and 5th child, the 10% discount will be applied to the lowest priced programmes.
There are no refunds of school fees that are paid by trimester.
In the event that a parent wishes their child to finish classes within the school year, written notice by the parent must be received at the school by email 30 days before the first day of the following trimester as per the dates above. Subject to receipt of such timely notice, the school will refund 50% of the following trimester fee and if relevant, and 100 % of any subsequent trimester fees already paid.
Other terms and conditions
- If children miss class(es), ESB is not obliged to provide a substitute class. However, in reality we are happy to do so IF there is a suitable and available class for the student. Parents must agree this with the Admissions and Programmes Director by email or in person. Make up classes, if agreed, MUST be scheduled within two weeks of the class missed.
- It is possible to start after the trimester date and fees will be reduced proportionately.
- ESB is responsible for students during the lesson duration only. If you drop your children at one of our schools before the lesson starts, we cannot provide supervision. Equally, if children are not picked up when the lesson ends, ESB staff are unable to provide supervision. In the rare event you are late to collect your child, s/he may wait in the reception area at Tarogató út, or Apor Vilmos tér where there is a receptionist on duty. It must be emphasized, however, that the receptionists cannot be held responsible for your children after class. In the event that you know in advance that you will be late, please let the ESB office know.
- ESB provides all materials for class, as well as a simple snack and drink for each child each two hour class.
- ESB reserves the right to change classes and teachers at their discretion, according to its operational needs.
- All external examinations costs at the end of the course, if applicable, are additionally charged.
Samu started attending ESB 6 months ago. He was a complete beginner at the time. Now he speaks in sentences and has a vocabulary of several hundred words. In six months he’s made incredible progress, while also having fun and making new friends.
Orsolya (mother of Samu)
“Our daughter was a little shy when joining ESB, having had very basic English – but she liked the classes from the first moment. After 5 months she is making steady progress and starts to be able to express herself. ESB seems to create good motivation for them and the various activities built around the themes covered keep the children’s interest.”
Anita (mother of Kata)
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.